Please fill out form for scheduling and pricing.
30-Hour OSHA Construction Safety & Health Program
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE IS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN DISTANCE LEARNING.
This program includes OSHA policies, procedures, and standards, as well as construction safety and health principles. The training will place emphasis on those areas that are most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. This program is more applicable for the construction supervisor, with a more intensified focus on various occupational safety and health standards. Course participants can expect to be able to locate and identify OSHA standards in 29 CFR 1926; identify common causes of accidents and fatalities in hazardous areas of construction; recommend abatement techniques for such hazards; and recognize various construction processes, materials, and equipment.
- Recognize worker rights and employer responsibilities under OSHA
- Identify ways to select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and life-saving equipment
- Discuss risks associated with the unsafe use of scaffolding equipment
- Define methods of controlling the four main health hazards that construction workers may be exposed to
- Explain the criteria for at least three protective systems used when working in and around excavations
- Differentiate between the 5 classes of fires and discuss the means of extinguishing them